by Cameroon Postal Services (CAMPOST)
Effective January 01, 2022
- About us?
- How do we collect your information?
- What personal information do we collect about you?
- What is the legal basis for using your personal data?
- How do we use your personal information?
- Who do we share your personal data with?
- How do we protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of information about you?
- Your Rights
- Information Disclosure
- Your rights to access and rectify your personal information
- Amendments to this statement
- How to Contact Us
Privacy notice (for customers)
1 – About us?
We are CAMEROON POSTAL SERVICES (abbreviated “CAMPOST”. We are the historical postal operator of CAMEROON.
Among other products, we offer a digital banking solution called YUNUSPAY, abbreviated as “YUNUS”.
The CAMPOST company which provides you with the YUNUSPAY product or service concerned will be responsible for the collection, processing and archiving of your personal data within the strict framework of YUNUSPAY’s activity.
Our mission is to continue to provide you with quality financial products and services, while ensuring that the privacy and security of your personal information is our top priority. We understand your concerns about the protection and security of personal information and we want to assure you that we have taken the necessary and required measures and that we will continue to take measures to protect this information.
When we refer to « CAMPOST », « we », or « our » in this notice, we are referring to the company mentioned above.
2 – How do we collect your Information?
It is important that we collect and maintain accurate personal information about you to better serve you and manage your business. We collect your personal information with your knowledge and consent.
This data, including any image or video, is sent to the YUNUSPAY backend for analysis and processing in order to guarantee you safe and protected navigation in our services.
We collect information when you do any of the following (please note that this list is not exhaustive):
- Open a mobile account on the YUNUSPAY system;
- Purchase, subscribe or use a YUNUSPAY product or service through one of its multiple distribution channels;
- Ask CAMPOST for more information about a product or service or contact CAMPOST with a question or complaint;
- Respond to or participate in a survey, marketing promotion, contest or special offer;
- Visiting, accessing or using CAMPOST or third-party websites;
- We may also collect your information from other organizations, including merchants, billers, other financial institutions and fraud prevention agencies;
- We may collect your information when you interact with us as a supplier, agent, merchant, retailer, reseller or partner, as described in this statement;
- We also collect information when you visit one of our premises.
We do not register minors (anyone under the age of 21) unless you are registering on their behalf as a parent and/or legal guardian. If you allow a minor to use our services, you should be aware that their personal information may be collected as described in this statement.
3 – What personal information do we collect about you?
The information we collect and store about you includes, but is not limited to:
- Your identity and mobile phone number linked to your SIM card, as well as any registration information.
- Your name, address, place, date of birth, age, biometrics and gender.
- Your email address, phone number and details of the device you are using (e.g. your phone, computer or tablet)
- Copies of your identification documents (for example, your national identity card, passport or driver’s license) and any other information you provide to prove that you are eligible to use our services.</ li>
- Your image in the form of a photo or video (if applicable as part of our Know-Your-Customer (KYC) checks, to verify that you are a real person when you open the account from the YUNUSPAY app, and to verify your identity if you contact Us)
- Your contact information, directory, and call history for chat and messaging service purposes.
- Name, family information, age, profile information such as education level, bank account status, income brackets, and generally any information you provide when applying for loan, including information about your or your spouse’s income and financial obligations, etc. collected through surveys conducted by CAMPOST and their agents on behalf of CAMPOST for demographic and microcredit purposes.
- Your account and transaction information, such as your device type/model, account balances, payment history, and your account usage.
- We may obtain information such as your loan balances from other lenders and your payment history from consumer reporting agencies.
- We may obtain information such as your Internet service provider, your email address, your computer’s operating system and web browser, your use of the website, and your product and service preferences. when you visit the Websites.
Whenever you use our website or the YUNUSPAY app, we collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform, the type of device you are using, a unique device identifier (for example, your device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone used by the device), information about the mobile network, your mobile operating system and the type of mobile browser you use.
- Information about your visit, including the links you clicked on, through and from our website or app (including date and time), services you viewed or searched for, times page response rates, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling and clicks), and methods used to navigate away from the page.</li >
- Information about transactions and your use of YUNUSPAY products (e.g. payments to and from your account), including date, time, amount, currencies, exchange rate, beneficiary details , details of the merchant or ATMs associated with the transaction (including merchant and ATM locations), sender and receiver IP address, sender and receiver name and information registration details, messages sent or received, details of the device used to arrange payment and the payment method used.
- Information stored on your device, including whether you provide us with access to contact information from your contact list. The YUNUSPAY app will regularly collect this information in order to stay up to date (but only if you have given us permission).
4 – What is the legal basis for using your personal data?
We must have a legal basis (a valid legal reason) to use your personal data. Our legal basis will be one of the following:
Compliance with our contracts and agreements with you
We need certain personal data to provide our services and cannot provide them without this personal data.
In some cases, we have a legal responsibility to collect and store your personal data (for example, under the Central Bank Know Your Customer Act and anti-money laundering laws, we must hold certain information on our customers).
Substantial public interest
When we process your personal data, or sensitive personal data (sometimes referred to as special category personal data), to comply with government regulations or guidelines, such as our obligation to assist you if you are or become a vulnerable customer.
Consent When you have agreed to us collecting your personal data, or sensitive personal data, for example when you tick a box to indicate that you agree to our using your personal data in a certain way.
5 – How do we use your personal information?
We may use and analyze your information for the following purposes:
- Respond to any complaints or concerns you may have;
- Verification of your identity information against publicly available and/or restricted government databases to comply with applicable regulatory requirements;
- Perform credit checks and credit scores;
- To keep you generally informed of new products and services and to provide you with offers or promotions based on how you use our products and services or those of third parties, unless you opt out of receiving these marketing messages (you can contact CAMPOST at any time if you do not wish to receive marketing messages);
- To comply with any legal, governmental, or regulatory requirement or for use by our attorneys in any legal proceeding;
- In business practices, including quality control, training and ensuring systems are operating effectively;
- To understand how you use our network, products and services for the purpose of developing or improving products and services;
- To identify and protect the customer account on the use of financial services.
6 – With whom do we share your personal data?
We limit the sharing of information with others. We control the information used in connection with third-party offerings, we do not share any information about our customers with organizations. However, we may choose to send offers from our partners which we believe may be of interest to some of our customers based on their preferences and characteristics, please understand that if you receive this type of offer from us and you choose to take advantage of it, then the retailer may obtain information about you directly and any subsequent dealings you do with that organization are not our endorsement or responsibility.
There are, however, circumstances in which we may share the information we collect about you, as described in Section 2, with other companies in order to provide you with access to products and services and to effectively manage your account, as set forth below. We require these companies to adhere to our privacy standards and only use this information for the limited purpose for which it was shared. We do not allow them to disclose it to others without our prior consent.
a. Sharing personal information for legal reasons.
We share your personal data with other financial institutions, government authorities, law enforcement authorities, tax authorities, businesses and fraud prevention agencies to verify your identity, protect against fraud, comply with laws tax, anti-money laundering or other laws and confirm that you are authorized to use our products and services.
b. Sharing personal information with our suppliers.
We share your personal data with Suppliers who provide us with IT services, payment services, our banking and financial services partners and payment networks, our communication service providers, in order to help us provide our services to you, t to help us send you emails, push notifications and text messages.
c. Sharing personal information with our partners.
Our partners can offer a variety of products and services that can help you manage your finances. In order to provide you with access to these products and services, we may share the information we collect about you, as described in Section 2, with that partner. These partners include financial service providers who offer insurance and travel services, credit protection, cards, management services and payment processing.
d. Sharing personal information with unaffiliated parties for marketing purposes.
We may share the information we collect about you, as described in Section 2, with unaffiliated third parties, including those who accept YUNUSPAY, in order to provide you with access to products and services offered directly by those companies that may be useful. These companies include YUNUSPAY affiliates, banks, micro financial institutions, financial service providers, such as insurance companies, money transfer and payment companies, and non-financial companies, such as retailers.
e. Sharing personal information with others.
We may share the information we collect about you, as described in Section 2, with companies that perform support or marketing services on our behalf, such as mailings, market research and data processing. ; other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements, or companies that are our partners in joint programs or reward programs. We always share this information as required by law.
7 – How do we protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of information about you?
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the information we collect about you. Access to this information is limited to persons who need it to manage your account or provide you with products and services, and who are trained in the proper management of this information. Employees who violate these confidentiality requirements are subject to our disciplinary process.
It is important that the information we keep about you is accurate and complete. If you see information elsewhere that suggests our information is incomplete or inaccurate, please contact us so that we can update that information.
Electronic data, including images, videos and databases, is stored on secure computer systems with access control to the information by physical and electronic means. Our staff receives training on data protection and information security. We have detailed security and data protection policies which staff are required to follow when processing your personal data.
Although we take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data will be protected against unauthorized access, we cannot guarantee that it will be secure during transmission to our application, website or other services. We use HTTPS (HTTP Secure), where the communication protocol is encrypted via Transport Layer Security for secure communication over networks, for all of our app, web and payment processing services.
If you use a password for the YUNUSPAY application or our website, you must keep this password confidential. Please do not share it with anyone.
When you use our public services, including our social media accounts, do not share any personal data that you do not wish to see, collected or used by other customers, as this personal data will become publicly available.
8 – Your Rights
We respect your privacy and offer you the choice whether or not to share information about you with others. You have the option to tell us not to share the information we collect about you, as described in Section 2, with unaffiliated third parties. You also have the option to tell us not to share certain information we collect about you, as described in Section 2, with our partners. However, this option is limited to information about your eligibility and credibility that may be necessary to provide you with the YUNUSPAY service. If you indicate a preference for one of these options, please understand that you may not receive offers of products and services provided by other partners that could help you reduce your costs, maximize your resources finances or to manage your finances. To indicate your preferences, please contact us. If you have already told us about your privacy preferences, there is no need to do so again unless you decide to change your preferences. Your written request should include your name, address, telephone number and serial numbers and should not be sent with any other correspondence. In order to process your request, we require that the request be provided by you directly and not through a third party. You will need to provide us with your preferences for each YUNUSPAY account you have.
You can inform us of your preferences at any time. Your request will remain in effect until you notify us otherwise. We will honor your request and will not share this information except as permitted by law. For example, federal law permits us to share information about you with consumer reporting agencies, service providers, and financial institutions with whom we have entered into joint marketing agreements. It also allows us to share information about our experiences and transactions with you, such as your account balance and payment history with our partners.
9 – Disclosure of information
Any disclosure of your information must comply with applicable laws and regulations. CAMPOST will evaluate and review each request for information and may refuse to provide such information to the requesting party.
Some of your information may be passed on to anyone from whom you receive mobile money or to whom you send or intend to send mobile money. Your information may be made available to any third parties involved in the operation of the mobile money/banking service, including merchants, mobile money interoperability partners, financial switch providers and YUNUSPAY transfer technology platform.
10 – Your rights to access and rectify your personal information
We can help you access and correct your personal information that we hold. If you wish to have access to your personal information in the possession of YUNUSPAY, or if you believe that this personal information that we hold is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up to date, you can modify it yourself via your YUNUSPAY mobile Application in the Settings Profile menu.
If the information you want to update is not available for update on your YUNUSPAY mobile application, you can contact our customer service (see the Contact Us section). We will use reasonable efforts to respond to your request to access or correct your personal information within 14 banking days of receiving your completed consent and supporting documentation (if applicable).
Please note that we may need to refuse access to your personal information in certain situations, for example when we are unable to confirm your identity or when the information requested is of a commercial or confidential nature or in the event that we receive repeated requests for the same information. Nevertheless, we will inform you of the reasons why we were unable to comply with your request.
Please also note that we may use our discretion to allow requested corrections and/or may require additional documentary evidence of new information to prevent fraud and inaccuracies. We encourage you to always keep your personal information (such as your email address or mobile number) up to date on your YUNUSPAY mobile application, as this will allow us to serve you better.
11 – Amendments to this statement
CAMPOST reserves the right to amend or modify this statement at any time. If CAMPOST changes this statement, you can access the most recent version of the privacy statement by clicking on this link https://www.yunuspay.com/privacy.html, so that you are always aware of how your personal information is used. or shared. Any amendment or modification of this statement will take effect from the date of notification on the YUNUSPAY website or any other communication medium.
12 – How to Contact Us
For inquiries and data privacy concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.